Date: 23-24 July, 2018
ABOUT NIALS - The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (NIALS) was established in March 1979, as Nigeria’s apex institution for research and advanced studies in law. The Institute is also accredited to offer Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for Lawyers. In fulfilment of its mandate, it organises national and international seminars, symposia, conferences, workshops and lectures on any branch of law and related subjects.
ABOUT THE COURSE- In an era of increased internet and data usage, criminals are exploiting the speed, convenience and anonymity of the Internet to commit a diverse range of criminal activities that know no borders, either physical or virtual, cause serious harm and pose very real threats to victims worldwide. Organizations face many threats to their information systems and data. Understanding all the basic elements to cyber security is the first step to meeting those threats. The NIALS maiden course on Cybercrime and Cyber Security will provide an intensive training into the legalities available to stakeholders. The course aims at the following:
- Enriching participant with knowledge of the various typologies of cybercrime, its international dimension and consequence of cybercrime on developing countries.
- Providing understanding of cybercrime offences including offences against confidentiality, integrity and availability of computer data and systems.
- Developing participants’ skills on the substantive law, procedural law, international legal dimensions, jurisdiction and liabilities of internet service providers.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS - Legal Practitioners of the Nigerian Communications Commission, National Agency for Technological Acquisition and Promotion, Federal Inland Revenue Service, National Pension Commission, Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Commission, , Central Bank of Nigeria, , National Insurance Commission, Insurance Companies, Security and Exchange Commission, National Communication Commission, Law Reform Commission, RELAN, telecommunication companies, law firms, banks and other financial institutions, multi-door courthouses, federal and state ministries of justice , legal officers of universities and other tertiary institutions, legal aid, law teachers and students at the Nigerian law school and all lawyers with interest in cybercrime and cybersecurity.
TOPICS TO BE TREATED
- An overview of Cyber crime and Cyber Security In Nigeria.
- Legal Framework and perspective of Cyber Security.
- Data Protection and Privacy in Nigeria.
- Intellectual Property Rights under the Cyber Crime Act.
- Challenges of Enforcement of cybercrime and cyber security laws and best practice
- Cyber war and Cyber Terrorism and protection of Critical national Security information.
- Computer Evidence in Court: Relevance, Admissibility and Weight.
COURSE SCHEDULE - The Course is scheduled to hold as follows:
- Venue: Rockview Hotel (Classic) Plot 196, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja FCT
- Date:23-24 July, 2018
- Time: 9.00 am daily (Registration will commence at 8:30am on 23 July, 2018).
WORKSHOP FEE - The Course Fee is N120, 000 (one hundred and twenty thousand naira only). The fee is inclusive of VAT and WHT and covers course materials, tea and lunch only. For information on how to make payment, kindly visit http://nials.edu.ng/index.php/courses/remita-payment-guide .
REGISTRATION - Pre-registration of this Course is necessary. To register please fill the registration form below.